In view of a state govt. declared holiday tomorrow, the main part of the festival worshipping goddess of wealth “Lakshmi” was carried out today. Highlights of the day included chants, prayers, talk on the importance of the day and distribution of sweets.
Hobli Level Sports Meet was conducted at Sarjapur with about 25 schools participating. As in earlier years, our Primary Students have made us proud by winning in several events. Yashaswini of 6th was declared ‘Individual Champion’ of the meet. Thanks to the efforts of our Sports Teacher Mr. Venkatesh and our sports loving Head Master Mr. Sujay, for their efforts in preparing students for the meet.
- Yashaswini, N : 1st in 400m & Long Jump, 2nd in Shotput
- Anusha : 2nd in 200m
- Varalakshmi, B : 2nd in Long Jump, 2nd in 600m
- Yashwant : 1st in Long Jump
- Naveen, V : 3rd in 600m
Girls Relay Running : 1st Place
- Girls : 1st place in Kho-Kho and 1st Place in Throw Ball
- Boys : 1st place in Kho-Kho and 1st Place in Throw Ball
Bringing Entrepreneurial experience to rural young children is the motto of this volunteering activity being carried out by Mr. Gokul Subramanianm and Priya. This program is a sequel to an earlier program of facilitating interaction among urban and rural children by the same team. Some of the ideas are
- pehlaVenture™ brings early learning experiences and entrepreneurial mind-set in
a progressive and incremental manner starting from school years
- pehlaVenture™ uses innovative methods to provide children an immersive xperience of setting up a business – ideation to business realization
- Immersive Experience
The Development of Corporate Citizenship (DOCC) is an innovative initiative of SPJIMR, Mumbai, that aims to inculcate social sensitivity in its students through a 2-week internship with an NPO. During this course of time, the participants are expected to understand issues plaguing the NPO and come with business inputs and managerial insights to help the NPO solve the problems.
DOCC focuses on solutions to issues pertaining to diverse heads such as Microfinance, Infrastructure development, Health, education management and income generation for women empowerment. The participants are expected to perform critical analysis of the issues at hand. The process of interacting with the rural poor and the experience of working on the field in an unstructured environment ensures that social development happens in tandem.
Eight students worked on the four following projects as full time volunteers :
- Information Management Initiatives : Redesigning Brahmi Website along with Payment gateway feasibility (Mr. Gopal Iyer & Mr. Sahil Khosla)
- Information Management Initiative II : School Management Software (Mr. Akhilesh & Mr. Giridhar Chakravarty)
- Consulting Initiatives : Recreating Anjana Vidyakendra School at a different location – Preparation of cost model, CBSE compliance analysis and rework on mission and vision (Mr. Sagar Jain & Mr. Rajat Gupta)
- Marketing Initiatives : towards Fundraising Activities (Mr. Pranay Joshi & Mr. Subha Sarkar)
Great News !
5 Distinctions 12 First Classes and 100% Result
Congratulations Students and Teachers
THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING WITH US.
SCHOOL REOPENS ON 5TH MAY, 2014.
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU MORE OFTEN AT ANJANA IN THE NEW ACADEMIC YEAR.
Alumni of Anjana Vidya Kendra School and 9th grade Students have organised a farewell to 10th students on 22 March 2014 at 10 AM . You are invited.
- Academic Year 2013-14 closes on 29th March. School remains closed for Summer vacation from 29th March till May 5th. However, a volunteer teacher will be available on all working days to issue and receive admission applications.
- Report Cards will be issued to parents on 29th March.
- Please note, kitchen would be closed till May 05th.
- There will be staggered reopening of school – High School students will arrive on 05th, Middle school students on May 12th and finally Primary and Preschool students on May 19th.
- We expect full attendance by May 27th, to celebrate Founders Day.
THANKS TO ALL OUR PARTNERS, PATRONS, SUPPORTERS AND VOLUNTEERS FOR ENSURING A FRUITFUL ACADEMIC YEAR 2013-2014.
REQUIRE VOLUNTEERS TO TAKE CARE OF Furniture Repair, Building Maintenance, Procurement of School Supplies, Rearrangement of Classrooms, Arranging Library and Laboratory Facilities, New Admissions AND CREATING A DEDICATED CRAFTS AND POTTERY SECTION.